As a parent, you lead the charge as a digital role model. Help your child develop a strong digital citizenship foundation while reminding them that their digital tattoo reflects their real and online selves. Parents have an important role to play in providing support and guidance during critical periods. A snapshot of current trends and concerning apps will be provided to equip you in your digital parenting strategy.
- Social Media Update - The most current apps and trends in your children’s social media lives
- Pick Your Battles! - Balance the yin with the yang, promote independence while taking a strong stance on certain subjects
- Current Research - Brain development, technology, and violent video games
- Digital Footprint and Reputation - With their future approaching, recruiters and employers are taking note – What will they find?
- Strategies to use at home - Recommendations for family rules, parental controls, and developing a family tech plan
90-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute Q&A.
Offered virtually through ZOOM.
To register click here.
2. Elementary Student SOGI Champions: February 2nd : Vessy Mochikas is looking for volunteers from grade 6 and 7 to join a zoom meeting to talk about SOGI in elementary schools. Does your school have a leadership student in grade 6/7 who would like to volunteer on this important district committee to represent their school? Does your school have a LGBTQ2+ student who would like to provide input to help make our entire school district a better, safer place? Please forward their name to Vessy! Details below:
- Grade 6-7 Student SOGI Champion meeting on February 2nd from 1:30-2:30 pm. I'd appreciate it if you could forward me the name of 1-2 students who would be willing to participate in an elementary SOGI lead meeting where I ask them about how school is going: what is going well, what needs to improve, advice for educators, ideas for social connections via social platforms. Email: email@example.com